The vast majority of us rely on a stable job to support ourselves and afford the kind of lifestyle that we want to have. If you lost a job after a car accident in Arizona, then you understand that a car accident can result in far more than just the physical pain that might be associated with it.
It is also possible that you may experience financial pain in the form of a lost job and lost income. If that is the case, then you need to know how the right attorney can fight for you after a car accident in Arizona.
How Can an Attorney Assist You If You Have Lost a Job in a Car Accident in Arizona?
Seeking an attorney immediately after a car accident in Arizona is a smart move. An attorney can immediately go to work seeking compensation for you based on the injuries that you sustained. He or she can also help you recoup at least some of the lost wages that you might have suffered as a result of your accident. This can help you regain your financial footing in a way that you might not have otherwise.
You can contact the Phoenix car accident lawyers at Hutzler Law to speak with one of our seasoned attorneys about what we can do to assist you as you seek compensation for the vehicle accident that you have been through.
Steps to Follow Immediately After a Car Accident
There are certain steps you should take immediately after a car accident to ensure your safety and ability to receive legal assistance and compensation for what you have been through. AARP defines some of these steps for us:
- Assess if Anyone (Including Yourself) is Hurt – Do not move forward with anything until you have had time to assess if anyone in the car accident has been injured, including yourself. You must be certain about the nature of any possible injuries because you will need to get looked at by medical professionals right away if you suspect that you are hurt. Also, you want to do everything you can to save lives in these circumstances.
- Get All Vehicles Out of the Way – All vehicles involved in the accident must be moved out of the way if possible to avoid further injuries or incidents related to this accident. See if you can drive your vehicle off of the road and out of harm’s way. If you can do so, move forward with that. If not, you will need to get a towing service out to your location to get it moved.
- Call First Responders – Contact first responders including law enforcement and medical personnel out to the scene. You need to have official documentation of what has occurred, and there needs to be an official police report filed about this incident.
- Take Pictures/Speak With Witnesses – Another thing you can do to bolster your case is to take pictures of the scene and speak with witnesses. This is a great way to back up any claims that you may need to make in court at a later date. If you have pictures and evidence, you can present that information to your attorney once you obtain one.
- Contact an Attorney – Once you are certain that your injuries have been taken care of and you are medically stable, you should immediately contact an attorney. You might be at risk of losing your job in Arizona due to a car accident, and you cannot allow yourself to potentially face a major downturn in your wages because of this car accident. Your attorney will step in to seek compensation for what you have been through and will do everything in his or her power to earn justice for you. Put your trust in them to get the job done right.
If you follow through with these specific steps, you will put yourself in the best possible position to sustain as little damage to your life from your car accident as possible. It is going to be difficult to deal with your car accident no matter what, but you can put yourself in the best possible position by reaching out for legal advice as necessary.
Can an Employer Fire You for Being in a Car Accident?
The answer to this question is multi-layered. Technically speaking, an employer cannot fire you for simply being in a car accident in your privately-owned vehicle. However, they can terminate you if your injuries make it impossible for you to perform the duties of your job. Since the car accident might lead to injuries that ultimately cause you to be unable to perform your job duties, it is fair to say that many people feel as if they have been terminated for being in a car accident even if that is not technically what is written on the termination notice.
An employer is allowed to terminate you if you are in a car accident that involves a company vehicle. That is the private property of the company, and they may terminate you for the damage that you did to their property. Likewise, an employer might terminate you if you are involved in an automobile accident while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. That is a violation of the law, and your employer can certainly fire you for violating the law. Besides that, you don’t even want to drive while under the influence because of the extreme danger that puts you and everyone else on the road in.
How Much Can You Get For a Car Accident Settlement in Arizona?
Car accident cases are very often settled long before a trial date occurs. Car insurance companies deal with these types of cases all of the time, and they typically want to quickly settle them so that they can move on to the next thing. That being said, there will still be some back and forth between your attorney and the insurance company to come to agreeable terms for a settlement. This is yet another reason why you should always work with a seasoned attorney.
When it comes to car settlements in Arizona, the amount that you can expect to net from your case can vary wildly. Each case is unique, and there are special circumstances involved with each case that may make it more or less valuable overall. Estimates range from a few thousand dollars to tens of thousands of dollars depending on the specific circumstances surrounding your case. The severity of your injuries and the level of negligence of the other driver are two primary factors used to determine how much compensation a given victim is likely to receive.
To ensure that you obtain the best possible settlement for your accident, you should always reach out to an attorney as soon as possible after your accident. There is nothing better that you can do for yourself than to put your case in the trusted hands of someone who knows how to work within the legal system. When you do that, you are putting yourself in the best possible position to reclaim what was taken from you during your accident.
Why You Should Never Speak with an Insurance Company About Your Accident
Before you begin to attempt to calculate how much you can possibly walk away with from your car accident settlement, it is important to note that you should never speak with another insurance company about your accident under any circumstances. This is because the insurance company for the other driver is highly likely to get in touch with you only to attempt to glean information from you that they can use AGAINST you in court.
The other driver’s insurance company may call you out of the blue and act as if they are attempting to be helpful. What they are really doing is gathering information that they will use against you. Refuse to speak with them. Instead, simply refer any questions they may have to your attorney. Your attorney will shut that down very quickly and you won’t run the risk of potentially giving out important details about your case.
All that you need to do is refer the caller to your attorney and then hang up on them. Don’t be intimidated by anything they have to say, and don’t bother taking any more calls from them going forward. Remember, your attorney is on your side, and the other driver’s insurance company is not.
Protect Your Interests, Hire an Attorney
It is scary to know that you can lose a job after a car accident in Arizona. Your entire livelihood may be on the line based on a split second decision or interaction you have with another driver. With that in mind, you should make certain that you hire the best attorney that you can find to fight your case for you.
These types of situations are incredibly high-stakes, and you don’t want to leave anything to chance. When you bring on someone from the Hutzler Law team, you can have some peace of mind that your case will be handled by true professionals.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Arizona, contact Phoenix car accident attorney Jason Hutzler today at (480) 418-9153 or contact us about your case. We serve Phoenix and the surrounding areas and available to take your call 24/7.